Thursday, December 13, 2012

We are no longer the new guys!

Dear everyone!

This week has been fantastic.  I think that once I got over the phase where I really missed home, everything just took a turn in a positive direction.  My Spanish is still rapidly imporving and I know that it is becasue the Lord has poured the blessings of heaven on my head.  I know that if I dedicate myself to this work, the Lord will belss me and my family.  More importantly, I know that he will bless the lives of those whom I will come in contact with.

On proselyting day we went back out into the cramped city of  Buenos Aires and invited many poeple to hear our message.  I think that last week was a humbling experience, but this week, we were ready to trust in the Lord.  He blessed us with a lesson!  That's right, we taught a lesson to a guy names Matías and his mother Graciela.  They are Christians and already hae tremendous faith in Christ.  With our two-and-a-half-week knowledge of Spanish, we taught an hour-long lesson about the Restoration.  It was the biggest miracle I have seen so far on the journey.  Somehow, I understood the most part of what they were saying.  Somehow, I conveyed everything that I was thinking.  Our district's first goal ever was to memorize the First Vision in Spanish.  I'm so glad and grateful that we did, because amidst all of my broken Spanish, my recount of that sacred moment was gramatically spot-on perfect.  It really drew in the Spirit.  We gave them a copy of the Book of Mormon and two pamphlets adn set up another appointment with them for this Saturday!  Even writing this down now fills me with the spirit of gratitude.  That they accepted the invitation to read the Book of Mormon was an absolute miracle.  Heavenly Father loosed my tongue like He promised He would in D&C 11:21 and 84:85.  This is yet another of the infinite miracles that the Lord has put in my life.

I have grown to love it here at the CCM.  President Openshaw is an incredible man with an immeasurable knowledge of the Scriptures.  He is the literal definition of a scriptorian.  Seriously, he has every scripture memorized and connected.  I want to be him when I grow up.  Not just because of his knowledge, but becasue of his love for missionaries, our work, and the Lord, Jesus Christ.  Having a trio is difficult at times, but I couldn´t ask for better companions than Elder Parker and Elder Pointer.  They are so much fun and so determined to learn and set amazing goals.  We work really well together.

I can't wait to be able to proclaim this Gospel every day when I get out of the CCM.  I have been here for three weeks and my testimony of this Gospel has doubled.  We said goodbye to plenty of missionaries this past Tuesday who had served their time here at the CCM.  I had to say goodbye to my roommates, Elders Castro and Puruncajas.  We got a new flock of missionaries in today and my district decided that we are going to try to make them feel as welcome as possible.  The first week and a half is the hardest, no doubt.  I walked into my room today, though, and saw a Latino passed out on my bed with his stuff all over my bed, too.  Even though my bed is distinguishingly different than every other bed, because of my super fluffy soft blanket, he still felt that that bed was the one he could sleep on.  I was so confused as to why he picked my bed, but I don't blame him.  I do have a super fluffy soft blanket.  Please pray for me and I will do the same for you.  I love you all.  I must now go and serve the beloved children of God.

LOVE,
Elder Plautz

(From left to right): Elder Parker, me, Elder Castro, Elder Pointer, Elder Puruncajas.

No comments:

Post a Comment