Friday, January 18, 2013

There's a Last Time for Everything!

Dear Everyone,

Due to an area seventy coming to speak to us tommmorw, my email tme has been pushed to today.  After my captivation (capacitation) at the CCM, in a few days, I will finally bust out of this joint and see the world!  I'll be able to do what I love the most: teach and serve.  I don't dislike the CCM by any means; it's intimate conditions (because it's so small) made my stay here amazing and my opportunities to teach, learn, and serve missionaries have been such a blessing.  But it's time to go.  I'm a peacock!  You gotta let me fly!!  And flying is what I'll do come next Tuesday--to my home for the next two years: Uruguay! (*Streamers!  Firework sounds!*)  Words couldn't explain my excitement!

Many of the North Americans agreee with me that our first day a the CCm doesn't feel like it happended that long ago, but the last time we saw thome feel like FO-EVA (forever) ago.  These two months, though, have seriously been the fastest of my life, so I try to soak in every moment.  My companion Elder Bohorquez and I get along amazingly except for the fact that he takes forever (not FO-EVA, that would be much longer) and a half to get ready for everything, but this doesn't bother me too much because he is getting better and he's already an amazing companion.  We were able to teach two lessons this past Saturday during Proselitismo and I was amazed at how much I could both comprehend and contribute.  (I have met many Latinos from almost every country in South America and the Chileans and Argentines are the most difficult to understand, so you can imagine my excitement when I went out this past Saturday and felt really good about my language.)  I have been so blessed with the gift of tongues.  I'll never cease to give gratitude for it.  Also, I don't know why, but groups of Argentine men are always obsessed with trying to get missionaries to drink alcohol.  It's kind of funny . . . for the first ten seconds.  And then I just wanna go.

After we received Latino companions, our districts were jumbled up and althought I'm still the district leader over district Mormón, only one of my formber members, Elder Ratleiff, is in my distict.  There's another North American and six Latinos.  I could tell how much my Spanish had improved with every one-on-one meeting I had with members of my district, solely in Spanish with the Latinos.  But don't worry; there are still plenty of things that I don't understand.  And when this happens, you just copy their facial expressions and say "sí."  The trick still never fails after all these years.

I just started the Book of Mormon in Spanish and plan to finish it by the end of my fourth month of my mission (March 22nd for those not counting) and I'm right on track!  Reading it in Spanish is . . . not English.  That's for sure.  But I feel that by the time I'm finished,  my language skills will be near perfect.  I love you all and ask for your prayers, promising that I'll do the same for you.  Make this January AMAZING!!  Just do it!  I must now go and serve the beloved children of God.

LOVE,
Elder Plautz


No comments:

Post a Comment