Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Day Late and a Peso Short!


Dear Everyone!
 
What my companion Elder Sevilla had forgotten to tell me was that since changes are this week, our P-Day is switched to Tuesdays.  Although it doesn't make sense in my had, no matter how many times he has explained to me the reasoning for this (it could be the Spanish), this will happen every six weeks.  But because the schedule has changed for all MTC missionaries, this past change was only five weeks long instead of six.  Only this one, though.  All of the new guys came in today and tomorrow, we're going to Montevideo so Elder Sevilla can go to his leadership meeting and I can meet more of these missionaries!!  It's gonna be excellent!  AHH, but after this change, Elder Sevilla is going home!!  I don't even wnt to talk about it.  I love him so much.  He is my father.
 
This week was so incredible!  I must admit that I have not yet "lost myself" in the work, as it were.  But I am getting there.  I love every day and I come home exhausted and fulfilled.  We work so hard.  We walk so much.  We are getting rained on a lot.  But the work is moving forward!  We met with the Wilson family again this week, after three weeks of not seeing them.  (Appointments always fall through; it's imporant not to get discouraged by this, though, but not always easy.)  They both accepted baptism!  But they're not married.  We're going to have to uncover that stone as they progress, which I am really hoping that they will.  We also have been meeting with a man named Honorio Soriano.  He is super nice and used to be a Bible teacher.  After several meetings with him, he told us that he has had a testimony of the Book of Mormon for a long time because he had met with missionaries several years before.  What!?  That was a shocker for me.  But he is also--wait for it--not married to the woman he lives with!  We really have our work cut out for us.  Our most promising investigators are the ones who aren't married to the people they are living with.  The woman he lives with is named Ana and although she says she believes in God, because she lost her five-year-old child last year, it is obivious that she has lost a lot of hope.  We taught her the Plan of Salvation and got almost no reaction out of her.  We're gonna try our best!  We are teaching plenty of other people, but the adversary is really working hard in San Carlos.  We do this thing where we have amazing first-lessons and then we return and the people don't want anything.  It's super difficult.  But the Lord keeps leading us to people that need us.  Whether or not they choose to follow His commandments is not my choice.  I am simply a vessel for the Spirit and an inviter.
 
These weeks pass by so quickly and I can't believe that I have already been out for one change.  And, woah, I am a missionary.  Like, for realsies.  I truly love this work.  It is so important.  I hope that everyone is looking for opportunities to INVITE their friends to do things like come to church, church activities, or meeting with the missionaries. I don't want to hear any of this "I'm sharing the Gospel by being a good example" and nothing else.  That's a cop-out to missionary work.  Alas, I must leave.  I love you all and thank you for your prayers on my behalf.  I actually sent pictures today.  One of which was right after we were severely rained upon and we were standing outside.  I must now go and serve the beloved children of God.
 
LOVE,
Elder Plautz

Just coming home after walking 3 miles in the pouring rain!

Great Companions!

Planning time...but who took the photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment