Monday, March 4, 2013

Another week of mission-life!


Dear everyone!
 
It was another one of those weeks where we lost almost all of our investigators (including Honorio Soriano and his Señora Ana).  It's tough letting go of some of them, but we are praying that the Lord sends us to those people who are ready for this gospel.  It was also one of those weeks where we received a TON of new investigators, too!!  I saw many miracles.  I am forced to no longer believe in coincidence, too.  Some of the randomly picked houses are people that are really in need of our help.  So many people are on the verge of losing hope or have really great questions with no one to answer.  Ask the missionaries!!  That's what we're here for!!  We have started teaching a ton of people with a lot of potential.  I just hope they actually progess.  

This was the sixth week that we haven't seen a single investigator at church.  It was tough yesterday.  Elder Sevilla and I have had to really think about what we can do differently to help the work move forward.  We have been doing so much already, but if there is anything we have to fix, we are trying to fix it for this month.  I keep praying for success.  I know that success is measured within and simply doing the will of the Lord is enough.  But come on!  I'm here to invite people come unto Christ by helping them recieve the Restored Gospel!
 
Let me convey to you all my feelings about dogs.  They are wonderful creatures...mostly.  There are billions of them in Uruguay (and there were in Argentina, too)!  Elder Sevilla and I took one day to count how many dogs we had seen.  We saw 226 of them.  226 different dogs in one day, just while walking.  105 of them were all found within ONE HOUR of each other!  This is not even funny any more!  While standing in one spot in front of a house, I saw thirteen of them (all barking--try contacting people in that knd of noise; it's not easy) all at once.  One day this week, Elder Sevilla and I were standing in the shade of a house while looking at a list of members we could visit within the vicinity and a dog started barking from inside.  The man who lived there opened the door because he thought we were there for them, and in a matter of seconds later, I felt a terrible sharp pain in my leg.  The dog bit me!  I was just standing there minding my own business and the dog ran up to me, bit me, and then ran away!  It wasn't even fair!!  Luckily, it didn't penetrate my pants, and I was only bleeding a little bit.  So I worked the pain off and after three hours, I felt fine.  These dogs are insane.  Some of them are blood-thirsty.  Watch out.
 
The weather here is insane.  One moment it will be furiously raining and five minutes later it will be sunny and dry.  And then a few moments later it will be windy enough to pick up a whole buch of nannys all applying for the same job.  Like in Mary Poppins, if you didn't get the reference.  But without the things that clean themselves up.  We're really working hard right now and giving everything.  I am forgetting myself and losing myself in this work.  It is the most gratifying work I have ever been a part of.  I must now go and serve the beloved children of God!!
 
LOVE,
Elder Plautz

No comments:

Post a Comment