Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm an official Uruguayo now!

Dear everyone!
 
I sit at the computer in Montevideo right now!  We had to come to sign our visas so we could become residents.  And now we are!  Soy Uruguayo, por fin!  I'm finally an Uruguayan!  This week was a difficult one.  We worked super hard and I have had to be very patient.  Because San Carlos is filled with people that aren't from San Carlos, very few people came to church yesterday because they were all with their mothers.  Honorio hasn't come to church for the past two weeks now, but we're gonna find a way to help him back to the strength and conversion that he was developing.  He has chosen to get married no matter what and I think that he doesn't really want to, so he is having a lot of difficulty with this.  We can't tell him what to do, so we can only invite him to pray and make sure that he is going the way that God wants him to, and then support him in his decision.  It has been tough, but we continue marching forward with hope!
 
We stopped teaching Mirta because she has decided that she's not in a place to talk about spiritual things because her life continues in a downward spiral, as she says.  She continues to come to church, but only out of obligation to the man she nurses.  We started teaching a boy of 17 years named Franck from France (what are the chances!?).  He is super prepared to hear the Gospel and is excited to be baptized, so we're helping him through the repentance process.  We keep working hard and we are seeing success as long as we look for it in the right places!  Sometimes it's tough to keep your spirits up as a missionary.  I'm not gonna lie, sometimes it's really tough.  You constantly reevaluate yourself and try to change so that you will be worthy to receive all the miracles that God can give you.  But even after all that, it can be difficult to accept the success that you are given.  I really thought about what makes a successful missionary and I have realized that it comes from love, patience, and repentance.  Even if we do all we can do, we still will not be perfect.  We can do everything to live a holy life and try our best, but we will all still fall short of the glory of God.  That's where grace comes in.  The grace of God saves us after all we can do.  And I know that if I am doing all I can do, and repenting when I notice that I can do something better, then I am a successful missionary.
 
I love learning these life lessons on my mission.  It is turning me into the person that God wants me to be.  I'll continue to fill my purpose, looking forward with a perfect brightness of hope!  I love being on my mission.  I love being a missionary.  I wouldn't rather be anywhere else right now.  I must now go and serve the beloved children of God.
 
LOVE,
Elder Plautz

No comments:

Post a Comment