Monday, July 29, 2013

Didn't I Just Write You Guys, Like, Two Seconds Ago?

Dear Everyone,
 
I was a fan of this week. Elder Gila and I have been trying to be the missionaries that Heavenly Father wants us to be and as we give more and more of ourselves, we see greater and greater blessings. We are still have trouble helping our investigators progress. We have still been teaching Fabricio Costábile, a non-member in a family of two other members who are reactivating. Fabricio is gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormón, but he is still having trouble getting to church and agreeing to be baptized on a specific date. We'll continue to teach inspired lessons and I know that he will come unto Christ more fully as he is willing to make decisions. Many people don't think that they're ready to be baptized because they don't know enough. The truth is that all you have to have is a broken heart and a contrite Spirit, you ust be willing to keep God's commandments and stand as a witness of Christ at all times and in all places. The learning will come with time. No one is ever done learning.

Last Monday night we were knocking on doors and we approached a house whose architecture echoed of that from decades ago. Florida is anciente, and the older buldings are made of intricately-carved and designed concrete and have towering, old, wooden doors. (The entrances are composed of two tall wooden doors, like french doors, with large elegant knobs for show.) The night was quiet and the streets were vacant, just like most cold nights in Florida. Uruguayans go to sleep early in conditions such as these. We approached the door and knocked three times, hearing the echoes of our knocks from inside. Standing in front of the house, we felt a weird presence. I knocked three times again, and the doors began to open, leaving us to believe that someone would be there to greet us, but we found not a soul. The doors opened on their own, simultaneously, all the way, revealing a dark hallway that led to another set of old wooden doors. No light emitted from inside. We just saw darkness. "¿Hola?" I questioned, which echoed in the hallway. No answer. I took a step inside, curious as to whether someone had heard us-----NOT. I have seen enough movies to know that the house was haunted. If we had stepped inside, the doors would have closed on their own and no one would have ever heard from us again. As soon as those doors opened, I urgently said "We're going," and we high-tailed it outta there. I'm not about to die on my mission by the hands of ghosts.

We saw great success this week and I really love my mission. It has been nothing easy, but it is turning me into the person that the Lord wants me to be afterward. Thank you for all of your prayers. I love you all! I must now go and serve the beloved children of God.

LOVE,
Elder Plautz

No comments:

Post a Comment