Monday, August 5, 2013

Wasn't I Just Emailing You Guys?

Dear Everyone,

Have you ever tried to type on a English keyboard that has Spanish programming? It's a game of guessing sometimes and I am not a good guesser... We always seems to take it one step further every week when it comes to how hard we work and how much we give of ourselves. We need to improve our charity toward the people of Florida. I am in dire need of some charity. And humility. And basically every Christlike attribute. It is a work in progress. I wish I could say that I remember what happened this week... Let me think...

We have been meeting with several people that are progressing in several aspects of the Gospel, but have yet to take a leap of faith and come to church. This is difficult for several because most the people that we teach live in the very humble part of Florida and the chapel is wayyyy on the other side of the city. None of them have cars. Few of them even have bikes. So they have to walk. And in the cold Sunday morning it is Uruguay custom to sleep. And then eat and then drink some mate (pronounced mah-tey), which is the herbal tea that everyone drinks down here. And then go back to sleep. Sounds fun, right?

We do see several miracles. We met a guy on the street who stopped believing in God after his daughter of 12 years died in an accident, but after letting the Spirit guide our conversation, I testified about the Book of Mormon, how it was the keystone of my belief in God. "I have to reach that whole thing? Is there a movie or something?" No, there isn't. But we agreed to watch the Finding Faith in Christ movie the next day. He was really jazzed and we could see the flicker of hope gleaming in his eye. Unfortunately, in between that time, his family convinced him not to let us in the next day. When we arrived, he was back to being bitter, which really made me sad. He had read the pamphlet we gave him about the Plan of Salvation, but never prayer to know it was true. That's like watching three quarters of a movie. Of course you won't be satisfied. Seeds need to be planted as well as reaped, so we knew we did our part. He'll get there one day. I hope that all are having excellent weeks. After August is over, the cold will go away! I love you all and ask for your prayers for me and my family. I must now go and serve the beloved children of God.

LOVE,
Elder Plautz

No comments:

Post a Comment